Tuesday 19 January 2016


My New Year Post 


I turned 33 this year. One of my friend says that 33 is the new teenage. What she means is that life has just begun for me. In many ways, yes I agree with her, but being an Indian 33 year old Mother, has given me quite a few experiences to learn from. Here, I’m summarizing a few lessons life taught me the last year. Some of them are new discoveries for me. Some, just reinforced with time.

Lessons I learnt last year:


  •   It is not easy to stay in a rented apartment in Australia. It’s even more difficult when you vacate.
  •   Misunderstandings are bad. But if there’s love, Relationship stays in spite of them. If there’s no love, they become the reason for a broken relationship.
  •   Whatever you do, people will form an opinion about you. So, it’s pointless to explain yourself.
  •   It is not always good to voice your opinion. Silence is indeed gold.
  •   You are responsible for your own health, happiness, success, and career.
  •  A relationship takes two.
  •  Sometimes, children do keep you together- and thriving.
  • Your adulthood reflects your childhood- a lot.
  •  We can replace family politics with fun things like travelling- and that helps!
  •  You can have mixed emotions for things like sky diving, and still have fun!



Looking forward to the 34th year, where I have several plans lined up. I know, it’s going to be a major year of learning for me. And I’m ready for it. Bring it on 2016!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, new year, new hopes! Love the spirit.

    That's a lot of learning for one year! Cheers to growing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! The first lesson this year will be- how to give away your sister in marriage :-D cheers!

      Delete